3 more arrested in David Ortiz shooting as manhunt for ‘The Surgeon’ continues

Three more people were arrested late Thursday in the botched attempted hit on Red Sox legend David Ortiz as “The Surgeon,” one of now 10 men involved in the shooting, continues to be on the run.

As the search for Luis Alfredo Rivas-Clase, 31, intensified, U.S. authorities said he’s also wanted for an attempted homicide in Pennsylvania that had striking similarities to the Sunday night shooting that left Ortiz with a bullet wound to the back.

The Berks County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to ABC News on Thursday that they have been looking for Rivas-Clase since April 2018, when he was identified as a suspect involved in the shooting of a man in Reading. That victim, like Ortiz, survived a bullet wound to the back.

“The victim stated Rivas-Clase threatened to have him killed a few days before the shooting occurred,” the Berks County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement posted on its Facebook page following the April 22, 2018, incident.

Rivas-Clase, who previously lived in Redding, allegedly “did conspire with another suspect to shoot the victim,” the sheriff’s office statement reads.

PHOTO: Fans at walk past a photograph of Boston<p data-recalc-dims=... read more at: https://abcnews.go.com/International/manhunt-intensifies-surgeon-suspect-large-shooting-red-sox/story?id=63686292

Leave a Reply