2 men charged with killing 2 during attempted robbery of drug proceeds in Syracuse


SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Syracuse police today announced the arrest of two men in connection with a Sept. 25 shooting that left two men dead.

Syracuse Police Chief Frank Fowler said at news conference Thursday Rene DeJesus, 33, and Brian Montanez, 26, were trying to rob the victims of “drug proceeds” when they killed two men.

Fowler would not say whether the victims were actually selling drugs, or whether they had been robbed of drugs, money or both.

DeJesus, of New York City, was arrested with the help of the New York City Police Department and the U.S. Marshals Service. He was brought back to Syracuse.

DeJesus was charged with first-degree murder, criminal possession of a weapon and attempted robbery, according to arrest records posted Thursday. He was arrested in New York City, records show.

Rene DeJesus, 33, of New York City 

Montanez  of Syracuse, was arrested in Syracuse. He was charged with second-degree murder and attempted robbery. His mugshot was not immediately provided.

The two victims were Jose “Jimmy” Osvaldo Castro, 39, of Syracuse and Arturo Resto Figueroa, 31.  Figueroa is not from New York and may have ties to Oklahoma, police said.

An “associate” of Castro’s called 911 around 9:47

... read more at: http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/10/syracuse_double_homicide.html

Police identify 17-year-old arrested on murder, robbery charges after deadly September shooting



Dewayne Harris

Dewayne Harris

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Indianapolis Metropolitan police arrested a 17-year-old in Jackson County in connection with a deadly shooting last week.

According to IMPD, detectives tracked the teen to Jackson County, where the Northwest Flex Team apprehended him without further incident. Homicide detectives questioned the teen, identified as Dewayne Harris, and arrested him on murder and robbery charges.

They believe the teen is responsible for the death of 22-year-old James Butler, who was found shot in the 500 block of West 28th Street on Sept. 29.

Police released the suspect’s name and photo Thursday afternoon. The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office will review the case for a final charging decision.

... read more at: http://cbs4indy.com/2017/10/05/police-arrest-17-year-old-on-murder-robbery-charges-after-deadly-september-shooting/

Second robbery suspect arrested from Sept. 20 holdups


LAFAYETTE, Ind. — It appears armed robbery suspect Zachary Nicholas Whitus used some help in the two hold-ups early Sept. 20, according to Lafayette police.

Lafayette police arrested 22-year-old Jacob Walter Farris Thursday evening at his home at 912 Wabash Ave., according to Lafayette police. Farris faces two preliminary charges of armed robbery. He also is wanted on a warrant from another county, according to jail records.

Farris and Whitus are suspected of robbing the Marathon gas station at 900 Ferry St. about 3:15 a.m. Sept. 20. Roughly 10 minutes later while police were investigating that robbery, someone held up the Friendly Market at 3112 Underwood St.

The next day, police arrested Whitus after he ran from them during a traffic stop. He was wanted on a Clay County warrant, and further investigations tied him to the robberies, according to police.

 

But Whitus has facial hair, and as some readers pointed out after police published his arrest, the clerk at the Marathon station told police that the bandit who held up the store was clean

... read more at: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/29/second-robbery-suspect-arrested-sept-20-holdups/716148001/

Second Fruita Co-Op robbery suspect arrested


FRUITA, Colo. (KKCO/KJCT)– A second suspect has been arrested in connection with a robbery at the Fruita Co-Op.

From left to right: Ryan Oliver, 27; Jason Berger, 32; and Erin Archuleta, 21. No mugshot available for Krystal McKelvey, 32.

It happened on Aug. 14.

The Fruita Police Department on Friday said Jason Berger, 32, was taken into custody at his home in the 100 block of North Coulson Street in Fruita. He faces several charges including counts of robbery and assault.

Two other suspects were taken into custody during the same arrest warrant, according to police. Erin Archuleta, 21, and Krystal McKelvey, 32, were arrested on drug charges.

Ryan Oliver, 27, has also been arrested in the case. He faces robbery and assault charges.

According to arrest papers, two employees at the store were hurt when the struggled to fight off the two suspects.

After the robbery on Aug. 14, authorities caught up with a pickup truck the two suspects were believed to be driving in on Highway 6 in Utah. Officials said the suspects started running when their truck broke down near Westwater.

Search dogs were used to find Oliver, who was then taken to

... read more at: http://www.kjct8.com/content/news/Second-Fruita-Co-Op-robbery-suspect-arrested-441780633.html

Robbery suspect’s terrifying mugshot shocks nation


The scary mugshot of a suspect accused in a robbery and kidnapping case is getting national attention.

24-year-old Morgan Joyce Varn was arrested in South Carolina on April 24th. A SWAT team had to be called in after Varn and 23-year-old Jonathan Mikael Robinson allegedly entered a home and demanded money and a cell phone from one of the people inside. Police say the vicitim reported that Robinson was armed with a gun

Morgan Joyce Varn

The victim was able to escape and called 911 from a neighbor’s home, according to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office. Officers arrived on scene and attempted to get Varn, Robinson and an unidentified adult female to come out and surrender.

After several hours, Varn and the unidentified woman came out, leaving only Robinson left inside. Minutes later, the SWAT team entered the home and took Robinson into custody.

“We had three people and a pistol inside that home and for hours did everything we could to get them to come out,” Sheriff Barry Faile said. “When they didn’t, we had to go in and get them. Fortunately, no weapons were discharged and nobody was hurt. That is the outcome we

... read more at: http://www.wisn.com/article/robbery-suspects-terrifying-mugshot-shocks-nation/9580362

Kim Kardashian Paris robbery suspects includes brothers who work in the diamond trade


Two brothers accused of ‘disposing’ of Kim Kardashian’s $5m engagement ring following a Paris heist could help get it back, it emerged today.

They are among 17 alleged criminals linked to the armed robbery of the 36-year-old reality TV star in October.

She lost her prized new 20-carat diamond engagement ring after being held up at gunpoint in an upmarket residential complex close to the American embassy.

The unidentified brothers – who are in their 50s and live in Paris in the suburb of Raincy – are currently in custody in the French capital following a series of coordinated raids early on Monday morning.

It comes as it emerged that French authorities had also taken Ms Kardashian’s chauffeur that night and his brother into custody.

Three Paris officials confirmed the arrest of the driver and his younger brother among those taken into custody. Michael Madar, 40, and Gary Madar, 27, worked for the same livery company, according to two of the officials.

Police have arrested 17 people over the robbery, including two brothers in their 50s accused of disposing of a $5m engagement ring, and the chauffeur with the limo firm used by<p data-recalc-dims=... read more at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4104854/Two-brothers-17-veteran-villains-arrested-Kim-Kardashian-jewel-raid-work-diamond-trade-5million-engagement-ring-say-police.html